Legal Issues 1 – The Legal Projects
1. Free legal consultation services
2. Representation in divorce matters
3. Representation in family court
4. Domestic violence cases
6. Small Businesses
8. Immigration issues
Contact The Legal Project, Stuyvesant Plaza Albany NY 12203
For more info and detail visit … www.legalproject.org
Legal Issues 2 – Albany Law School Law Clinic & Justice
1. Child protective services administrative hearings
2. Special immigrant juvenile status
3. U visa application
4. Other available immigration relief
5. Tax counsel
Contact Albany Law School Law Clinic & Justice Center, 80 New Scottland Ave, Albany NY 12208
Also, for other legal issues contact Legal Aid Society of Northeastern NY, Inc. 55 Colvin Ave, Albany NY 12206
Phone 5184626765 ext 330, www.lasnny.org
HOUSING & RENTAL ISSUES OR CONCERNS
Need help with:
1. Rental problems
2. Decent and affordable housing
3. Counselling and mediation between Land Lords and Tenants
4. Counselling for 1st time home buyers
KNOW YOUR TENANT RIGHTS
View/ Download Proper Eviction Procedures here – Eviction
Looking for a place to stay? View/ Download here – Looking For Place to Live
NYS HOME ENERGY SAVINGS PROGRAMS
1. Energy Star Products
2. Home Energy Assistance program
3. Winterization Assistance program
For more info… www.otda.ny.gov/programs/heap
If you become a victim of Identity Theft, call 1877-ID-THEFT (18774384338) to get a copy of the Federal Trade Commission’s ID Theft Affidavit form
Report the fraud to the following organizations:
1. Each of the three national credit bureaus. Ask each agency to place a “fraud alert” on your credit report, and send you a copy of your credit file.
Equifax- equifax.com. To order your report call 18006851111 or write to PO Box 740241, Atlanta GA 30374-0241
To report fraud call: 18005256285 or write: PO Box 740241, Atlanta GA 30374-0241
Experian – experian.com. To order your report or report fraud call 18883973742 or write to PO Box 9701, Allen, TX 75013
TransUnion – transunion.com. To order your report call 18008884213 or write to PO Box 2000, Fullerton, CA 92834
To report fraud, call 18006807289 or write to Fraud Victim Assistance Dept. PO Box 6790 Chester, PA 19022
2. The fraud department at each creditor, bank, or utility/service that provide the identity thief with unauthorized credit, goods or services.
3. Your local police department. Ask the officer to take a report and give you a copy of the report. Sending a copy of your police report to financial institutions can speed up the process of absolving you of wrongful debts or removing inaccurate information from your credit reports. If you can’t get a copy, at least get the number of the report.
4. The Federal Trade Commission, which maintains the Identity Theft Data Clearinghouse and provides information to identity theft victims. You can visit ftc.gov/idtheft or call 18774384338
5. Contact the office of the New York State Attorney General’s Consumer Helpline at 18007717755, or visit their website at ag.ny.gov
Searching for childcare…. A free service for parents, call 5184267181 or visit www.cdccc.org
Contact Community Service Society Navigator Network at 18886145400, www.cssny.org/navigator if you need help to answer the following questions:
1. Am I eligible for free health insurance?
2. Can I still get health insurance?
3. Can my children get health insurance?
4. How does the NY State of Health: The Official Health Plan Marketplace work?